Vegetable Soup Thermomix Style With Billies Salt for Seasoning
Vegetable Soup Thermomix Style
With Billies Salt for Seasoning
Get the printer friendly version here.
Prep time: 10 min; Cook time: 45 min; Total time: 55 min
Servings: 4-6 people
My dad always said you need 5 things for vegetable soup: Leek, onion, swede, carrot and celery. Here is my take on his traditional recipe with Billies Seasonings and a Thermomix!
- 1 onion, quartered
- ½ leek – cut lengthways and chopped approx. 4 cm
- 2 sticks celery, chopped approx. 4 cm
- 2 carrots, chopped approx. 4 cm
- ¼ peeled swede, chopped approx. 4 cm
- 2 tsp Billies Salt for Seasoning
- ¼ cup pye lentils (optional)
- ¼ cup red lentils (optional)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- Approx 750 g water
- Place all ingredients in the Thermomix bowl with the carrot at the bottom.
- Chop 3 seconds, speed 5 until veges are chopped to your liking (repeat if needed).
- Add Billies Salt for Seasoning and lentils if using.
- Add water until you can just see it through the chopped veggies.
- Cook for 30 mins, 95 degrees, reverse speed 2.5 - you need it to be turning.
- Add baby spinach and cook for a further 15 mins at 95 degrees, speed 2.5 reverse.
- Cook 2 sliced chicken thigh, sprinkled with a little Vegetable Scatter, in the Varoma while the soup is cooking. Shred speed 4 for 5 sec. top your soup. This is better than adding the chicken to your soup as you shouldn’t re heat chicken more than once. Your soup will be safer for longer.
- This soup is delicious served with Pizza Bianca from Cookidoo – try adding a tsp of Billies Vegetable Scatter to the dough (yum!). Make the bread dough first and get it rising, then make your soup and once you have added the spinach to the soup you can pop the Pizza Bianca in the oven… perfecto!
- If you have more time try my Italian Focaccia Bread they make a great pair.
- This recipe is too quick to add barley and split peas – these need to cook for a couple of hours at least before they are soft enough to eat.
- If you do not have a Thermomix, slice finely leek and celery, chop onion and grate the carrot and swede.