Italian Focaccia Bread - Thermomix Style
Italian Focaccia Bread
Get the printer friendly version here.
Prep time: 2hrs; Cook time: 20 min; Total time: 2hrs 20min
Servings: up to 10 people
This Focaccia I first made over 10 years ago. The texture is superb, it is soft yet crunchy and the flavour keeps you going back for more! I have converted it for you to make easily in the Thermomix.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 350g cooked agria potato
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1½ cups water
- ½ milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 60g olive oil
- 700g flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- Extra 100ml olive oil and 100 ml water mixed
- Extra salt and rosemary or Billies Vegetable Scatter
- Chop rosemary for 5 sec speed 7.5, set aside.
- Thinly slice onion place in bowl and cover with warm water and 2 tbs vinegar.
- Place 2 tsp yeast, ½ cup milk, ½ cup water and honey in Thermomix. Cook for 2.30 mins 40 degrees, speed stir.
- Add 60g oil and chopped rosemary, mix for 5 sec, speed 1.
- Add flour, mashed potato, 2 tsp salt and 1 cup water, knead 3 mins. Place dough in oiled bowl in warm place for 1 hr (spin extra dough from Thermomix blade, speed 6 for 5 sec and pre wash on dough setting). In cooler days turn oven on 50 degrees turn off and place dough to rise.
- Press into Rose Gold tray and rise for 20 mins.
- Poke fingers into the top of the dough to make holes and place drained onion over top, cover with olive oil and water mixture. Sprinkle with rosemary and sea salt or Billies Vegetable Scatter. Bake at 200 degrees for 20 mins. Dough should be slightly browned and crunchy with the holes gooey with oil. Cool on a rack if you can wait that long!
- You can also add olives and a few sundried tomatoes.
- Place oven tray at bottom of oven to catch any spills of oil.
- Prep is important as it will help you to put together this beautiful bread in no time at all.